Note: This posting is based on my weekly “Thank God It’s Monday” that helps you and your company thrive!
This week’s focus: your legacy
Barack Obama’s legacy will likely be about giving millions of Americans access to health care. This, of course, is occurring in the face of strong opposition.
California Governor Jerry Brown is committed to building his legacy around high-speed rail. Like his father, Pat Brown, who, as governor, led a huge infrastructure project called the State Water Project, Jerry Brown is evangelizing a major infrastructure project that will connect Northern California with Southern California. He faces continuing opposition.
Barack Obama and Jerry Brown have defined and are acting on what they want their legacies to be. And, in the face of steep opposition, they forge ahead.
What is your legacy going to be?
- What is going to be your standout accomplishment in your current job?
- What are your standout accomplishments going to be over the course of your career?
- What risk are you taking to move the needle within your company, your department, a critical business process, etc.?
- What are you going to be remembered for after you’ve been promoted into another position or left the company?
- Are you willing to stand up to your opposition because you believe in your cause or purpose?
Thought for the week:
Dave Gardner, Gardner & Associates Consulting http://www.gardnerandassoc.com
© 2014 Gardner & Associates Consulting All Rights Reserved
Note: To receive an email version of “Thank God It’s Monday” to start your week, please subscribe here. I would very much appreciate your suggesting to others that they subscribe.
Privacy Statement: Our subscriber lists are never rented, sold, or loaned to any other parties for any reason.