Note: This posting is based on my weekly “Thank God It’s Monday” that helps you and your company thrive!
This week’s focus: strategy
Strategy execution failures can be attributed to many things. I consider these to be among the top reasons:
- No strategy buy-in from leadership team
- No accountability on the execution side–everyone responsible/no one responsible
- Team celebrates strategy definition, not the execution and delivery of the strategy.
- Team sees strategy as a periodic discussion, not part of the day-to-day journey
- No follow-through–no plan to deliver the outcomes required by the strategy
- Urgent matters trump important
- Too many initiatives with conflicting priorities owned by the same people
Strategy must be executed to have the chance to be effective. How else can you thrive?
Thought for the week:
What do you think? I welcome your blog comments!