Note: This posting is based on my weekly “Thank God It’s Monday” that helps you and your company thrive!
This week’s focus: taking the temperature of your business
- Are your employees happy and excited about your business?
- How is your employee turnover?
- Are potential employees excited about the prospects of working for you?
- Are you internally focused or customer focused on everything you do?
- Are your customers loyal, enthused and delighted about the opportunity to do business with you?
- Is customer retention high?
- Are your investors excited about the future or worried about your viability?
- Are industry analysts upbeat or writing doom and gloom stories?
- Is your business growing, shrinking or stuck?
- Are you excited about getting up every day and facing your world? Or, is your head just not in the game?
- As a leader, are you and your team inspired to take action or in the doldrums worrying about how your life will play out?
It is important to confirm the answers to these and many more questions. You shouldn’t guess about the answers. You must assume your competitors are thinking about and addressing these issues.
The best practice is to have an independent third-party dig in and help you understand where things stand. For a modest investment, you can either confirm what you believe to be true and/or learn about gaps have yet to appear on your radar screen. This will help your business thrive.
Here are two Fast Company articles about this:
Thought for the week:
“I am not an advocate for frequent changes in laws and Constitutions. But laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths discovered and manners and opinions change, with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also to keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors.” – Thomas Jefferson 1816
What do you think? I welcome your blog comments!
Dave Gardner, Gardner & Associates Consulting
© 2013 Gardner & Associates Consulting All Rights Reserved
Note: To receive an email version of “Thank God It’s Monday” to start your week, please subscribe here. I would very much appreciate your suggesting to others that they subscribe.
Privacy Statement: Our subscriber lists are never rented, sold, or loaned to any other parties for any reason.