Note: This posting is based on my weekly “Thank God It’s Monday” that helps you and your company thrive!
This week’s focus: business execution
There are so many things that we take for granted:
- Being able to pay with a credit card
- A light coming on when we flip the switch
- Being able to flush a toilet and have running water to wash our hands
- Traffic signals never putting vehicles on a collision course
- Aircraft not colliding in the skies
Yet there are many things that don’t happen as we had expected in our businesses:
- Delivering a fantastic customer experience across all touch points in your business
- Getting new products into the marketplace on time that “wow” customers
- Deploying new IT systems on time and within budget that are widely and rapidly adopted by those who rely on those systems to get their work done
- Aligning resources with demand (people, inventory, supplies, etc.)
- Meeting financial goals for revenues and/or profitability
- Ensuring that people do what is expected of them–even when we aren’t watching
The first grouping’s success occurs as a result of superb business execution. The second grouping’s success is far less predictable.
What actions do you and your business need to take to ensure your business execution is as superb for the second grouping as the first?
Thought for the week:
“Live dangerously; takes things as they come; dread naught, all will be well.” – Sir Winston Churchill 1932
What do you think? I welcome your blog comments!
Dave Gardner, Gardner & Associates Consulting
© 2012 Gardner & Associates Consulting All Rights Reserved
Note: To receive an email version of “Thank God It’s Monday” to start your week, please subscribe here. I would very much appreciate your suggesting to others that they subscribe.
Privacy Statement: Our subscriber lists are never rented, sold, or loaned to any other parties for any reason.