Note: This posting is based on my weekly “Thank God It’s Monday” which is offered to help companies thrive!
This week’s focus: customer service
I was invited to attend a Customer Service Think Tank hosted by Dell in Austin, Texas. Customer service experts and industry thought leaders gathered to ponder the challenges, opportunities and future of customer service and support. One session looked at “the future of service:”
- Customer service will be at the core of what successful companies do–it won’t be an afterthought.
- There will be a lot less customer service as the most effective service is the call the customer never has to make as products get better and better.
- There’s auto-detection of possible issues based on customer profiles and a known solution to problems. Other customers will benefit as well.
- Smart semantics and artificial intelligence will help customer service personnel and customers converge on solutions faster and with greater ease–complexity will be less obvious to customers.
- Companies will become more community-driven–the community will be where issues and opportunities surface.
Are these ideas on your company roadmap? If not, how do you expect to thrive?
[Note: You can learn more about the entire event here. Dell paid my travel expenses for this event.]
Thought for the week:
What do you think? I welcome your blog comments!
Dave Gardner, Gardner & Associates Consulting
© 2012 Gardner & Associates Consulting All Rights Reserved
Note: To receive an email version of “Thank God It’s Monday” to start your week, please subscribe here. I would very much appreciate your suggesting to others that they subscribe.
Privacy Statement: Our subscriber lists are never rented, sold, or loaned to any other parties for any reason.