“Thank God It’s Monday” is to help companies thrive!
This week’s focus: our food supply
I’m concerned about our food supply and what I’ve personally consumed. How is it that it’s become okay that:
- Hamburger included “pink slime”
- We add sugar to everything–including salt
- Salt is used in amounts three times or more what we need on a daily basis
- We use MSG (which has 14 different names including “natural flavorings”) to make our brains think the food tastes better. [Note: it doesn’t make the food taste better!]
- Chemical substances are routinely added to our food–read the content labels
How is it that food has become a negotiation with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA)? How is that a “beef” taco has to have laws defining what “beef” is allowed to consist of? How is it that companies can lobby the FDA to have their additives included in our food supply? Is this in our best interest or theirs?
If we are going to thrive physically and mentally, we must become more aware of what we are ingesting.
Thought for the week:
“Effective leaders help others to understand the necessity of change and to accept a common vision of the desired outcome.” – John Kotter
What do you think? I welcome your blog comments!
Dave Gardner, Gardner & Associates Consulting
© 2012 Gardner & Associates Consulting All Rights Reserved
Note: To receive an email version of “Thank God It’s Monday” to start your week, please subscribe here. I would very much appreciate your suggesting to others that they subscribe.
Privacy Statement: Our subscriber lists are never rented, sold, or loaned to any other parties for any reason.